Thursday, September 30, 2021

Another Split Four Patch

 This is such an easy AND attractive quilt to make. With a yard of complimentary fabric and a charm pack I can whip out a baby quilt in no time at all. For this particular project I wanted to focus on making a free motion with rulers quilting pattern in the border. 


I am still finding ruler quilting to be a challenge. So when I tried to use it to make the border I kept breaking my thread. I think it has to do with how hard I hold the ruler and try to push the fabric at the same time just puts too much stress on the whole thing. So I went ahead and Drew in this border with a pencil and then freehand free motion quilted the design.


Not bad! But I still want to later the ruler technique!
The charm pack was a baby themed pack in bold, bright colors. 

I free motion quilted the body of the quilt in a nice large loopy meandering pattern. Then I free motion quilted the inner borders and finally went with the braid quilting in the border.

SOLD on etsy to Debbie Hickson

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Rancheritaquilts



No comments: