Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Acorns To Oaks Bear Paw Quilt

 Made to auction off in Camp Stevens annual Autumn fundraiser, Acorns To Oaks.  I have never made a bear paw quilt and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. 



I used designer fabrics, 100% cotton batting, and a colorful back for this quilt. This is the first larger quilt I decided to do some free motion quilting in a swirly pattern. 


I cut my fabrics into 2 1/2 inch strips. The fabrics were a curated collection of 1/8 yards. I needed 2 strips to complete 4 paws, and I paired 2 paws with 2 of a contrasting color. There were 12 Autumn colors in the collection, which I purchased several years back in a fabric of the month club.  All light neutrals were from stash. Each neutral strip could finish  4 paws.... minus 4 pieces. That means if you search, you will find rich substitutions hidden in many blocks!
I have a substantial stash.....

Since this quilt is for a fundraiser, I went with a colored backing,  remaining in the Autumn theme. I'll sign, date, and inscribe the camp's fundraiser name on the label. 


The blocks tutorial can be found by searching on Missouri Star You Tube Video.



No comments: