Monday, September 20, 2021

A Cozy Dog Quilt

 I cut most of my novelty dog scraps into a four and a half inch tumbler pattern that I made on the computer many years ago. It is a paper pattern that I printed. I have since then bought a couple of tumblers but none of them are the exact same size so I continue to use this exact one for dog quilts.

So I cut these scraps many years ago and every once in a while I pull them out add some new Fabrics to the collection and put together another quilt. Now that I've started selling some of my quilts on Etsy I decided to try a dog quilt and see how it will sell.

I simply lay them out 9 blocks across by 8 blocks tall. The resulting little quilt is 32 inches tall and 28 inches wide. That's a nice easy small size for both mailing and quilting in the ditch along the tumbler shapes.




I backed it with a piece of dog paws flannel that I purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics when it was 50% off. I'll let you know if I'm able to sell it!
SOLD BY CHRISTMAS 2021

No comments: