Thursday, September 23, 2021

Flannel Memorial Quilt for Pete

The inspiration for this quilt was a flannel shirt that Pete brought home after visiting his mother after his father died. He told me he wasn't likely to wear the shirt it wasn't the right size it wasn't really the right color but his mother had really wanted him to take it home.

So being a plaid I decided to combine it with other flannel plaids and make a nice cozy flannel quilt blanket. Went through my Jo-Ann fabrics flannel stash and combined it with plaids and solids and a few pieces left over from quilts I had made Ezekiel through the years.

I decided to put a thin batting in the middle and then I did a meander quilting to hold it all together. The idea of this quilt is it can lay at the foot of the bed and be thrown over Pete on cold nights.

And keeping it special some of the blocks that were from his father's shirt still have the buttons and details on them.


The flannel back is multi colorful hands, peace signs, rainbow hearts and random leftover blocks from the front. 

No comments: