Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Valentine's Quilt

Collecting threads is a hobby and obsession for m.  I might spend a year (or more!) collecting a color or theme, with no idea how I will use it.  So it was with "hearts."  Valentine's and romance themes were purchased at Quilt shows, online, traded for, or some was purchased while visiting my folks in Texas. 

I'll have to take another photo, since I still have this quilt.  It's set with a Vintage Valentine in the center, then wonky, random strips around in a sort of log cabin style.  The blocks were tilted and set in rows.  I made a border of prairie points in the bright themed fabrics, and a sleeve for hanging on the back.
This quilt hangs in the dining room on my hand-made quilt rack that belonged to my mother and was made for her by a friend in Texas.  I put it up in February... naturally!  In San Diego, winter is usually giving up by February, so it's also a symbolic change from cold weather.

No comments: