Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Sun Spots (Pecking Order)

 This super simple block has always been attractive to me. An excellent beginners block, it's just a snowballed 2.5" 9n a 5" charm. Jenny at Missouri Star calls the design "pecking order" and has a great tutorial.  

Make a "Pecking Order" Quilt with Jenny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPX4M6_j1Q



I cut my 5" charms from my neutrals collection. A 5" strip renders 8 charms. Then a flowery charm pack was cut into 2 1/2 inch stamps. Since each charm rendered 4 stamps, you can easily see I only 7sed around half the charm pack!


I free motion with a penciled stencil loop in the border. I used a wavy line in the thin border, and generalized meander in the quilt body. 


 
The backing is a soft white muslin with a 7 inch strip to accommodate the width. 



Sold! on etsy



No comments: