Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Garlic Knots in Reds, Whites and Blues

 Garlic Knots are an interesting block to make. I like the look of  the 6" block, so it starts with 2" strips. Thus if I buy 1/4 yards of fabric (9") I can get a 5" strip (8 charms) plus  two  2" strip (garlic knots!)  For each set of garlic knots I use 2 strips of 2 colors, a 3 1/2" strip plus a 2" strip of background. 

I use the chart at this link to strip piece my  blocks:

https://abyquilts.wordpress.com/2017/08/11/garlic-knots-hack/


I decided to set my blocks into wreaths, roughly dividing my blocks into 2 color sets and then alternating them. 


Finally I used the tiny scrap strips plus the leftovers cut from the STRIP SETS to widen the back. 

A generous 48 x 60. SOLD to Sandra, a quilt buyer who converts quilts into jackets and resells them! 






No comments: