Thursday, March 30, 2023

Little Churn Dashes Baby Quilt

 I purchased all the fabrics at my favorite fabric warehouse in Anaheim. They sell zillions of fabrics for $3.98 a yard. I usually start by being attracted to one fabric (the border fabric in this case; little woodland forest animals in orange, blue, yellow, gray) and then search for colors to coordinate with it. At this point I don't know anything more than " cute baby quilt"





Then I decide how much to buy of each.... One yard of my focus fabric and 1/4 yard if 4 others. Finally I searched stash at home and added the pale blue tone on tone and went to my "stash stripes" for the binding!

Finally I picked a pattern: 

https://youtu.be/9rgQd6asPQs

BUT I started with 9" squares instead of layer cakes since I had purchased 1/4 yard cuts. Then I removed the pinwheels to center with my focus fabric. And rearranged the black to make churn dashes so..... the pattern was just a suggestion! 

This is a baby quilt for one of the nurses I used to work with. Congratulations Asia for your new baby boy!


No comments: