Thursday, August 19, 2021

Nursing Career Memory Quilt

 

Each and every quilt block is made from a scrub top and pant that I wore during my 29 year nursing career. There are a lot of tags, a patch with a TCMC logo from a jacket I earned working on a project. And yes, every nurse at SOME point came home from work in a hospital-issue scrub. 

Most of my years were spent in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, so these scrubs went to births, they were at resuscitations, they were worn on busy nights and on quiet nights, spent just holding babies. 

They got sweat upon during intense procedures. They got peed on, spit up on, cried on. By babies as well as by me!  If you are a nurse, you know it's true. A careers worth of memories made into a quilt. 



In August 2021, we gathered along with 3 other nurses I started my career with: Janice, Vicia and Debbie, for a celebration by our fellow nurses. The quilt was signed and filled with good wishes and more memories. 





No comments: