Saturday, August 14, 2021

Jungle Baby Quilt



Porscha asked me to make a baby quilt for a friend of hers. She described the quilt she wanted as a jungle theme with a modern twist. For colors she mentioned touches of deeper earth tones with pops of color. The new baby a boy. I decided on some animal fabrics from my stash with green to represent the jungle plants and blue to represent the water. This was the beginning of the original fabric pull. 

The pattern is called crosscut quilt. I started by cutting 6 1/2 inch blocks from the jungle fabrics then slicing them diagonally and inserting a 1 inch strip in each direction. They were then sewed back together and then cut into 5 1/2 inch blocks. They get sewn back together. So I really had no idea how it would look until it was finished.



I found a half yard of a  darling ROAR! print in my baby stash that works well for the back 
I am pleased with it! 




No comments: