Monday, August 30, 2021

Cheerful Yellow Double Square Star

 My goodness look at this bright yellow pinwheel in this beautiful lap quilt! I started this quilt with a friend in mind (Lisa Gagne retirement)  then Janice suggested the Road to Oklahoma  for Lisa. and I changed my mind so it's now ready to offer for sale. The quilting is a wavy lazy horizontal line about every 2 to 3 inches, and then some loopy designs on the top and bottom borders. 



The blocks are on  either crisp white or the palest of yellows backgrounds. The back is a different shade of yellow widened with a scrap from the beautiful pink with tones used in the borders.  The pinwheels just pop off of this quilt! After pinning I realized it was about 1 inch too thin! I added a strip onto each side without unpinning it. Problem solved! 


You can see the tiny additional width I needed to add...



SOLD!

No comments: