Saturday, March 9, 2024

Half and Half Twist

 This bright little quilt was inspired by Missouri Star Quilts tutorial:

https://youtu.be/GGL2wZwb1H8?si=QOL-G6HInQ7KQbtu

I gathered up a bag of my tone on tone fabrics purchased some time ago in Anaheim and combined them each with the same simple white on white

 Each block starts with a 10" color and a 10" white square and is made into 4 HST blocks. Each block is then cut into quarters and reassembled. ( Thus the TWIST title.) I quickly decided all 4 quarters the SAME was a little dull and mixed them up with a partner. 


I decided to place like colors close, and go with a lap size. The back has a label, a tan on white floral and the binding is a rainbow. 





I quilted a clamshell using the 3" blocks as a rough guide. 


This one used a thin fleece blanket instead of batting, keeping my overall cost to make it quite low. 

For sale on Etsy

No comments: