Friday, February 2, 2024

Pinwheels

 I started this project with an idea and a fabric pull. Blue small scale florals purchased together in Anaheim and pinks from stash. 

Fun Fact: The purple/pink fabric, that ended up on the border, was purchased by me in the 80s. I made myself some beloved MC Hammer Pants that I wore until they fell apart!


Started cutting, piecing and deciding which pinks with which blues. Added a pink, removed a pink. I followed the Missouri Star tutorial except I started with 4" squares instead of 5". 

https://youtu.be/hyff7OGG5YI?si=lWeXGH5Jdv7MwFaK


It came together nicely! I put it on the frame and thread scribbled on it. I tried out some quilting rulers (they worked sort of) but QUICKLY felt restricted so just free handed it. 


Backed, listed and on to my next project!







No comments: