Saturday, February 17, 2024

Hayley's T Shirt Quilt

 Patty's daughter Hayley asked me to see her collection of high school T shirts into a memory quilt. I had only made 1 other T Shirt Quilt and it's not my favorite BUT of course I wanted to make it for Hayley!



Hayley's T shirts included high school soccer, her years of JROTC, participation in a Sister City program and her graduating high school class roster!


I was able to include EVERY T Shirt she gave me by using several on the back. 

I didn't use interfacing but surrounded every T Shirt piece with a border of strips. I then arranged to gem and added strips or orphan blocks as needed to make them fit like a jigsaw puzzle. 

Each T Shirt Quilt is a little more fun! Who knows? I might make another one some day!


The different fabric textures make for a bit of a quilting challenge. Just go slow!

No comments: