Friday, February 26, 2016

Sister's Choice Quilt for a Baby Girl

Delicate pale colors, an Asian Theme (fabric of the month fat quarters years ago!) shot with gold accents.  It included one fabric with yellow and lavender, the colors requested by the Grandmother-To-Be who commissioned this baby quilt. I used that fabric in the half blocks surrounding the other blocks.

Looking at it, the background should have been bright white, to help the pastels have more distinction?  On the other hand, it's overall soft with some stand-out in the center star, also made in a contrasting color pattern to the surrounding stars.

I tried out a new ruler to measure and cut the borders, and asked Pinterest to tell me how to make bias strips for binding.  I ended up cutting first then attaching the strips, I could NOT line it up correctly with drawing lines every 2 1/2 inches then turning the fabric and offsetting them.  Thos who have ever battled with it know what I mean.  And those that find it easy peasy need to come show me!



Update:This quilt found a home with ABIGAEL, daughter of Stacey Orlando, in November,  2016.

No comments: