Thursday, February 18, 2016

1,512 Prayers Around the World Quilt

I was inspired to make this quilt for my niece Carrie when she told me last September that she had breast cancer.  I immediately pulled the fabrics and decided this needed to have lots and lots of blocks, as each of the 1 1/2 inch "postage stamps" would symbolize a prayer from me.

I obviously hoped to get the quilt to her as soon as possible.  Carrie bravely endured grueling chemotherapy, she completed that on Christmas Eve.  After a brief recuperation, she underwent surgery, and still I prayed and worked on this Around The World quilt.

I worked on it between my own family challenges, babysitting my grandson, the holidays and a broken arm. But the quilt is now finished, and on it's way.

There is still fight ahead, as Carrie has radiation and more chemotherapy in the future.  But now, I hope she snuggles with her quilt, and knows how much we all are inspired by her fight.

It is full of 1,512 patches of love, dense quilting, and unlimited prayers.  I love you!


No comments: