Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ocean Berry Half Square Triangles

I WANTED to buy some charm packs, solid collections from Connecting Threads named "Ocean" and "Berry."  But I was on Lent Fabric Diet, so I didn't.  Then WHAT DO YOU THINK?  I found a box labeled "solid charms" and there they were!  I already OWNED these charm packs!

So I sewed them right up into HST's.... Half Square Triangles.  More or less I paired a light and a dark charm, and made each set of 2 charms become 4 HST's on the bias.  Nice technique.  And they go together well, since you can slightly stretch or contract them to come together sharply!

I made 2 sets:  Ocean, and Berry.  Then I went to the design table and started playing around.


I really like it! Each block is around 3", so the quilt is around 36 X 45. Dark blue, mottled binding, also a clearance find at Connecting Threads.  I quilted along the diagonals.

Happy with my little quilt!

Update: In 2021 I started selling quilts from my collection. Time to make more room to make more quilts. This quilt sold to another artist who remade nit into a gorgeous jacket! 



No comments: