Saturday, January 18, 2014

Musical Sweet 21

We first met Kait when she was around 8 years old, and now she is turning 21!  Where did those years fly?  One day in church she sat behind me and I heard her beautiful voice; pointed it out to my husband, who lead a youth group band, and the rest is history!  Today she is the music leader at church and Pete plays backup guitar and drums when she sings.

How to best honor her on her 21st birthday?  I collected musical motifs, and then tried to round them up with black/white/grey/yellow and a touch of fiery red.  Collecting the fabrics for this one was a lot of fun.
I made a charm square 9 patch, split them, turned the blocks any random way, and put them back together.  In staying adult and modern, I decided no border, so here it is.

Happy Birthday Kait!  And many more!


No comments: