Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Japanese Garlic Knots

 I love making the garlic knots design and I made this one with a budget 2.5" strip collection of 22 (20") Japanese fabric strips plus a few from my own stash. 



The backgrounds/accents are plain stash black and white. I did audition several fabrics with Japanese themes for the 5" top and bottom border, but I didn't love the colors. I selected a black and white stylized floral from stash. 



I I did a classic clamshells quilting for the body, serpentine lines for the 2" inner borders and my own design if horizontal swirly lines and vertical serpentine lines down the middle of the big borders. 


Used the last little leftover scraps on the back with a gray on white floral. It is 43 x 53. 

This quilt is for St. Andrews Church silent auction fundraiser. 


No comments: