Friday, August 4, 2023

Bedspread for Ezekiel

 Out of SCRAPS I was able to make a bedspread for Ezekiel for our house when he stays here. Very similar to the one I made when he turned 6 (for his house) this is fish/water/nautical themed fabrics cut into 5" charms. They are then placed into 4 patches with a diamond center in rows. 

I ran out of charms but wanted it a little longer.... and found a great quarter of bright green tropical fish placed along the top. 


Simply pieced back with a white box for an inscription and some sharks! My personalized tag and an "I Love You" tag on the front. 




The quilting, easily done on the frame, includes watery swirls in the top portion and curly q's in the body. Each "stone" is densely stitched to smash them down and have the blocks more prominently featured. 






Ezekiel age 8 1/2. 



No comments: