Monday, July 24, 2023

Pastel Rectangles for a Baby

 I have a sweet hearted friend who regularly reaches out to me with a description of a friend she would like to gift a quilt to. This description was, Mom is a 45 year old epidemiologist who had a 5 pound baby girl a month early. The dad is from The Netherlands. Their home is subtle and understated.  Can you do something geometric in solid colors? 


I like to finish the borders on my regular machine. 


I put a small top together of jewel,  tone on tone rectangles totally color jumbled. Sent it to Debbie, who loved it. But I thought on it and the next morning I selected a charm pack of pastels from my stash and made the same blocks but set them like THIS:


We both agreed on the second little quilt top and I added a border, quilted it on my frame in soft rounded motifs to soften the angles.  With a pretty pink and white back and a pink binding it is complete!






No comments: