Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Stunning in Blue and Gold

 


 This 47 by 57" lap quilt started with a collection of 6 matching fabrics in blue with with gold accents. I picked up all 6 as a collection at a garage sale in my neighborhood a few weeks ago for $1. I then added pieces from my collection in either shades of blue or shades of yellow. Some blocks twirl right, some twirl left, so I bordered each block on 2 sides to let them stand out from one another. I searched for my border until I located a gorgeous blues with yellow stripe!

Make a "Quarter Square Pinwheel" Quilt with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6zRYLMHK4


 It is quilted on my home machine in a freestyle meandering pattern with a pale yellow backing adorned with one left over block. The batting is a soft cozy polycotton.




SOLD!

No comments: