Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Summer Napping Quilt

I watched a tutorial and decided I liked the layout shown at the end, which arranged the blocks in groups of 4 forming a star.  And I had a nice set of  fabric 1/8 ths that I thought would be a perfect selection for this pattern.

Some of the lights were too light, and didn't offer enough contrast, but overall I am pleased with this quilt.  The blocks finished at about 18" each, and I had 12 eighths,  so it makes a nice 54 X 72.  I used a thin poly bat for a soft fluffy light weight summer quilt.  I work nights and sleep days and it can get warm in the summer.  I like to sleep with just a light cover, but I like it to be cuddly too. 




https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutorial/make-a-snowballed-disappearing-four-patch-quilt-with-jenny-doan-of-missouri-star

No comments: