Monday, July 2, 2018

Texas Geese in Flight Quilt

Da is 92, and I fly out every three months to visit.  So, I went out Father's Day, and rented a car, and we had fun!  We drove out to the country, and went and visited the former house he owned. We went to church on Sunday, and he saw a lot of old friends.  We ate BBQ and we went to a QUILT SHOP!  Ha ha, my suggestion of course!

I bought a yard of fabric on sale, a red with little white birds and tiny dark blue anchors on it, and that became the inspiration for this quilt which is a reminder of Dad. 

Flying Geese.  Because I love to make them. The block arrangement is called Dutchman's Puzzle.

It's 48 X 60, stitched in the ditch, a pretty simple quilt in red, white, black and grey... and a little navy.  And ummm, a patch or so of yellow.  Just because.




No comments: