Saturday, February 24, 2018

Baby Bunnies Tinted Linens Quilt


Several years ago I made the bunny blocks, using an iron on design published by Aunt Martha's
(https://colonialpatterns.com/)  The motifs are bunnies doing housework and chores.  I then used inktense pencils, watercolor pencils that you draw with dry, then use a brush to wet them and they become permanent ink watercolor!  Then they went in a bag and I forgot about them.  For some time.  Years.....



A year or a few ago I found them and paired them with some pastel Easter fabrics.  Back into a bag they went.  For another year.  Finally I pulled them out and decided to make some Geese Blocks with white centers, and an arrangement that was pleasing.  Had a great stripe for the border.  Maybe a year after THAT I quilted it with Nice and Soft Cotton Batting in a dense 2" grid.  It's finally finished!  It found it's home for a child born on Easter! Annie W




No comments: