Thursday, August 18, 2016

Brides Baby Quilt

I made this quilt at the request of a friend.  She had been the maid of honor at her best friend's wedding, and wore a sheer layered yellow dress.  Now, her best friend was expecting her first baby, n she wanted a simple quilt, in colors suitable for a boy or a girl, that would incorporate pieces of the bridesmaid dress.  She selected the pattern, (large triangles) and gave me the dress along with the other fabrics.
 I love how it turned out!
The bridesmaid dress was sheer, so I layered it over the grey patterned fabric in 2 of the yellow triangles. I added a few triangles out of a white with little grey "x"s" just to add a bit of variety and keep it light.
I cut 60 or so 6" tall triangles for this quilt.  The borders are wider on the sides, since it seemed kinda skinny.  The back is pieced from the 2 greens and a bit of the grey pattern.


No comments: