Sunday, August 4, 2024

Bright and Grey Monkey Wrench

 After vacations and busy life excuses, I hadn't finished a quilt for a couple months. Seems like the longer it was, the more I procrastinated. I needed to QUILT something! I made this little beauty with a charm pack for the Grey's and tans, some bright 1 1/2" scraps from my BRIGHTS box, and around a yard of white on white Quilters Showcase (JoAnn Fabric own line) which I buy up when it's on sale for $2.99 a yard. 

As I suspected, I had an early quilting flub, causing me to screw up a bobbin and break 2 needles. After disassembling the bobbin area and vacuming it, things went real smooth and I finished this quilt. 

Nice size, 52 X 60

I like to free motion the borders on my JUKI. Don't have to deal with frequent moving on the frame, or leaders to get close to the edges. 

Free Motioned a fleur de lis in each block

I did 4 HSTs with a different colored background, which I then mixed into 2 different blocks. Just can't quite do things all CORRECT, you know?

Pattern for monkey wrench block by Missouri State Tutorial

https://youtu.be/Y5fen8VLnik?si=Z5RUTn7uNtW2bkRn


For sale on Etsy



The back has a spot for a written dedication if wanted. 




Little loopy small border and a swoop in the big border. 


In the frame.

No comments: